No fireworks please!!!!

Not just dogs. Cats, rabbits, horses, all the wildlife.
The mess they make is a bit annoying too. I don't have a firework display in my garden and yet this time of year, I find myself picking up loads of firework rubbish...

It should be held on the 5th, that's it. What I don't understand is here several neighbours with kids have firework displays on different days etc. Piddly little displays that last just a short while. When I was a kid in one of the places we lived in, the parents of the kids all got together and did a bigger impressive display, sharing the cost.

Sponsored Links
Not just dogs. Cats, rabbits, horses, all the wildlife.
The mess they make is a bit annoying too. I don't have a firework display in my garden and yet this time of year, I find myself picking up loads of firework rubbish...

It should be held on the 5th, that's it. What I don't understand is here several neighbours with kids have firework displays on different days etc. Piddly little displays that last just a short while. When I was a kid in one of the places we lived in, the parents of the kids all got together and did a bigger impressive display, sharing the cost.

I bought a whole load of cat 5 fireworks one year! My neighbour (a few doors down) was instrumental in getting the sale of those banned to the general public by dint of the fact he blew his head off. :(:eek:

Sponsored Links
Diwali on the last day (not the entire celebration with fireworks every day). And NY on NYE, etc etc.

Did you really need to ask that?!

I don't think you can compare driving with fireworks to be fair. One is transport and can be argued a necessity at times (esp during covid with reduced public transport/avoidance of packed places), the other is just for fun and totally avoidable without it impacting on anything!

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-02...to-bonfire-and-firework-injuries-data-reveals

Clay pigeon shooting is fun and unnecessary it's also quite loud and requires the use of firearms.

Walking around with a shotgun however will put you in clink for 5 years. Many things can be used responsibility or irresponsibility. That doesn't mean you should ban things because they can be misused.

Clay pigeon shooting is fun and unnecessary it's also quite loud and requires the use of firearms.

Walking around with a shotgun however will put you in clink for 5 years. Many things can be used responsibility or irresponsibility. That doesn't mean you should ban things because they can be misused.
Never said ban. Said keep things on the day that they historically should be.

Just ban clay pigeon shooting in back gardens in built up areas.

I know you know that it most categorically is already. Unless you have a huge back garden.
I think you missed the point here about your comparison of noise with guns and fireworks in built up areas :)

Sponsored Links
Back