no heat downstairs

hi, we have just paid 1200 for a new glowworm combi boiler and ever since it was fitted (end of nov ) we have not had a drop of heat from our rads downstairs.....they were never boiling to start with but assumed the new boiler would sort that out(We inheritted the clapped out old thing when we bought the house last year ) upstairs is fine (not boiling)but enough to heat the rooms... we have had 2 power flushes,1 at the time of the new boiler going in and he has been back today and spent the day doing another power flush but we still have no heat??? can anyone pls help??? :( the house is freezing downstairs and we live in a rather large,high ceilinged semi!!!!!!

if you have thermostatic valves upstairs try turning them off, this should force the flow through to the downstairs rads.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I'l try my best to give all details you've asked for.

The boiler is a glowworm 30c (g.c. no. 47-019-09) corgi no. of installation engineer 300410

Thanks in advance Al.

That CORGI number decodes to "Home Heating Services" but CORGI do not list a location or telephone number for them.

There is a firm of that name in Wallasey but it does not list on the CORGI web site under their postcode as registered.

If the installer was CORGI registered he certainly has not dealt with the paperwork properly as a Gas Safety certificate is NOT the correct document for a new installation. It sounds fishy!

What does the installer say about the rads not heating properly?

Tony

Home heating now dodging our calls. only want my benchmark sheet filling in!! But, finally, heat is now coming through downstairs. Had to bite the bullet and get another plummer in. Turns out that the pipe work had a 'return loop' about 8 foot away from the boiler (in place from the original heating system) and the heat was finding the easiest way back. New plummer fitted a gate valve forcing the heat to take its intended route via a smaller bore pipe. House like the bahamas. Thanks to all who gave CONSTRUCTIVE replies.

Home heating now dodging our calls. only want my benchmark sheet filling in!! But, finally, heat is now coming through downstairs. Had to bite the bullet and get another plummer in. Turns out that the pipe work had a 'return loop' about 8 foot away from the boiler (in place from the original heating system) and the heat was finding the easiest way back. New plummer fiited a gate valve forcing the heat to take its intended route via a smaller bore pipe. House like the bahamas. Thanks to all who gave CONSTRUCTIVE replies.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back