No heating after bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Appollo 50S boiler which seems to be working fine and the pipe from the boiler is hot. The airing cupboard is also warm

Some of the radiators were only hot at bottom of radiator, so decided to bleed all the radiators today.

Heating has worked fine before bleeding. Now all radiators cold after a while of boiler being on and some banging noises coming from pipework.

Any ideas as its freezing in my house at the moment. I'm not a diy person and don't know much about plumbing / heating so any information greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
thanks for quick responses.

WIll check header tank now.

Also, i turned the boiler to off before bleeding. was this enough?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
it the programmer u need to turn to off,10 mins before u bleed to let the over run stop.

When i say "switched the boiler off", i meant to say that i switched it off by switching the selector switch on the programmer to off (choices are "HW", "HW & CH" and "Off". Is this the way to do it?

yer thats it. have u checked the header tank for the heating yet. its the small one of the two,ballvalve may be stuck up or the feed blocked.

Sorry just had to get ladder out of garage to get into loft where tank is.

header tank had some water in it.

Could it be sludge in the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back