No heating or Hot water Baxi Bermuda 551

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I really need some help here. I recently had to move some rad pipes in my bathroom. I drained down my system (open vent gravity system with Baxi bermuda 551 back boiler) I refilled the system and bled the rads, reignited the pilot light and then switched on the heating. The boiler fired up for about 2 mins then switched off leaving just the pilot light on. Tried the hot water and the same thing happened. i've undone the small screw on pump and spindle is spinning freely. If pump is not pumping would the spindle still spin? Could it be any thing to do with the motorised valves? Or is it a boiler problem? If its an airlock how would i get the air out other than bleeding rads and pump? Could it be that the new pipework in the bathroom is not connected to a rad yet?

Sponsored Links
>If pump is not pumping would the spindle still spin?

yes but may have trapped air

>If its an airlock how would i get the air out other than bleeding rads and pump?

check around your pump or mot - valve for a air vent in the pipework just above pump or mot - valve
or slacken one of the joints on valve to release the air depending on how your pipework is layed out.

Sponsored Links
Hi found out what the problem was, there was a blockage just above the pump that went all the way up to some sort of air seperating device. Had to cut pipes and flush them out and its all working fine now.
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back