no heating or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all
Im having a ch nightmare!
I had hot water but no central heating.
I replaced the actuator on the Sunvic mid position valve and I have replaced the Grundfoss 15/50 pump.

Now the boiler doesnt fire up at all and brown dirty water gets pumped into the ch header tank in the loft!

my boiler is a potterton E40.

any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
turn the pump speed down which will more than likely stop the pumping over, have u wired the actuator correctly

cheers, the over pumping has stopped.

the actuator is wired correctly, and moves from hw to ch and mid pos when asked for.

just boiler wont fire up now

i cant think what boiler that is off top of my head, check if overheat stat has tripped looks like a red crappy button, poss. through a hole in bottom of case

Sponsored Links
hhmmm no over heat button in sight...
decided to bleed the sytem and boiler.. seems to be a **** load of air bubbling from the blled valve above the boiler

I think it may be a very old floor mounting c.i. boiler overdue for replacement.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back