No hot water but the heater works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am having an issue with my hot water system.
the heating seems to work ok, just the hot water to taps stopped(getting hot) suddenly.
The system is a Vaillant gas boiler with an electric heated immersion tank, Thermostat is a PTT2, which no longer available to buy and no know replacement. The system has two motorised flow vales, I believe they work, but I mechanically opened them anyway, so not the issue.
after fiddling i have got the the thing to warm up to 40c a few times, then it just reverts to about 30c as seen on the boiler gauge.

PS the Vaillant guys say the boiler is ok but is not getting the signal to fire up…
help
cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
Manually opening the zone valves will not send a signal to the boiler to come on, manually open the HW zone valve and latch it open then switch the CH on and turn up the thermostat, once the boiler comes on feel the outlet of the HW Zone valve and if it is now getting hot then you need to change the actuator or valve depending on what you have

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back