No hot water or heating - Boiler not cycling/igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if I can get some help. Our boiler has decided not to work at all, no central heating or hot water, the house is freezing cold :(

The boiler is a Sintex Sarigas F20A combi gas.

Problem:

Boiler is showing green light and pressure is good at 1.5 - 2.0 bar.

The boiler switches on, but there is no 'cylcle' noise.. instead I can just hear the pump whirring (normal sound) but no cycle and ignition and obviously no flame.

I have opened and cleaned the pump, everything seems okay in there.

Thought it may be the fan, as I couldn't here it, wasn't spining/cycling, so checked with multimeter and wasn't getting a good reading... still not convinced it was this at fault so took fn of and wired upto mains and the Fan fired up perfect, so fan ruled out.

I have swapped thermistors, but the ones I had were old ones, so not sure whether they were working in the first place or not...

Desperate for heat and warm water so still looking and trying to test anything else that I may have missed.

Any input would be appreciated, fingers are freezing and now about to fall off :cry:

Sponsored Links
What are you waiting for? call out a gas safe engineer!

Don't play with your boiler.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back