No hot water when timer on water only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help me with my problematic central heating boiler.

I am a complete novice when it comes to anything like this but wondered if there is a simple solution to my problem.

When I have the timer on water only the boiler will not fire up and therefore we have no hot water. If it is on with heating as well then all runs fine. As summer is approaching (hopefully!!) then we will be using the heating less but can't at the moment as we don't get any hot water.

My boiler is a Baxi 100 ( I think, but only by looking at pictures on the internet) and it has a red Cubex?? tank above it.

If anyone can guide me to a simple fix then I would be extremly grateful

Thanks

Brian

Sponsored Links
The valve looks like the first one without the bottom piece.

Hope that makes sense

Bri

I think the valve micro switch isint working, you can change the head on the valve if it has a small dimple on the cover but I would get someone out if your not confident working with electricity (and to confirm that the valve is the problem)

Sponsored Links
I think the valve micro switch isint working, you can change the head on the valve if it has a small dimple on the cover but I would get someone out if your not confident working with electricity (and to confirm that the valve is the problem)

Thanks for your reply. I will have a look at the valve but think you may be right and it will be safer for me to get someone out

Thanks again

Bri

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It was the motorised valve. We replaced it and all is now fine. Mind you we had a hiccough or two along the way as initially we thought it might be the programmer. Also once we replaced the valve we had a small wiring issue, but all is well and now the heating is off and the water on timing as it should be for the summer. Good luck.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It was the motorised valve. We replaced it and all is now fine. Mind you we had a hiccough or two along the way as initially we thought it might be the programmer. Also once we replaced the valve we had a small wiring issue, but all is well and now the heating is off and the water on timing as it should be for the summer. Good luck.

Thanks for that info, I am hopefully going to get someone to have a look at it tomorrow and then I will have hot water again without the heating!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back