No Hot Water - Worcester 24LE RSF - Rads are OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please Help - I have no hot water.

I have a Worcester 24LE combi gas boiler (same as the 24CDi RSF but with the onboard programmer)

I recently had a radiator removed from a room downstairs along with the kitchen sink (the sink taps have temporarily been disconnected due to new kitchen being fitted) at exactly the same time there was a major water mains leak outside a few yards away from my house (the water leak is a recurrent theme but has now been temporarily repaired).

The water pressure in the boiler dropped to about .8, the red line marker was set at 1.0. After this, hot water was a bit erratic, sometimes only being able to get a reasonable temperature when the CH was switched on. Then it stopped altogether. The pilot did not fire up when the hot water tap was turned on.

From this forum I was able to work out how to increase the water pressure and did so, raising it to 2.0.(thanks, I owe you all already)! Now when I first turn the tap on the pilot does not light up however sometimes for about 3-4 seconds it seems like the water is getting hotter then it reverts back to cold. I am assuming the trickle of warm water is something residual as a result of the CH and not the DHW. The radiators are working fine and the pilot light is on and fires up for the CH as I would expect i.e. when first switched on or to regulate dips in temperature.

I don't know if the removal of the sink/rad & or mains problem are red herrings. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I am sure this has a flow turbine in it and not one with a divertor valve.

I would opt for a new one of those.

Might be pesky dirt out the newly repaired water main that has jammed the turbine from spinning hence sensing the water flow to you tap.

I am sure this has a flow turbine in it and not one with a divertor valve.

Never seen one of them :confused:

It is a BG version of the CDi (IMHO) ;)

HW diaphragm is the likely cause...pig of a job :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back