Celsia 24LE / Worcester 24cdi boiler problem - Lost CH &

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
I have a Celsia 24LE / Worcester 24LE RSF combi boiler. It was working fine until I temporarily removed a radiator in the hallway to paint the wall.
I lost the HW when I removed the radiator, which I guessed to be normal.

Since then, I've remounted it. I used the white plastic key and the grey knob on the boiler to refill the water loop. I also bled the radiator of air and the pressure gauge is now just above 1bar (it had dropped to 0).
Unfortunately I've still not got any CH or HW.
When I turn on the HW tap, the boiler starts making some sort of rattling and sucking noise and the pressure goes up to ~2bar. The burner comes on for a few seconds before switching off. However the noise stays on for a wee while after I turn off the HW tap.

Could anyone help?
I'd really like to be able to fix it myself and not call a plumber if I can help it.

Best,
Pat.

Sponsored Links
i think this boiler is a 24cdi, which have an auto air vent. The top of the aav is at the highest point on the left top of casing. Check the small cap is loose and allowing trapped air to escape. However, if the aav is not working, raise the pressure to 2 bar and run bioler on ch to try and clear the air

Thank you so much. :D
That sorted it! I took the small cap off completely to let the air off and screwed it back on loosely. The water is boiling hot again.
Thanks again for you help!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back