Celsia 24LE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Celsia 24LE boiler with no instruction book (it was already installed when I moved in).

The water pressure is getting low, around 0.5, with an red line that suggests it should be around 1.25. This has been a very slow drop over a long period of time, so I'm not concerned that there is a significant leak in my heating system.

I want to top up the boiler, but just can't work out how! I have a large white plastic key, which I presume must be used to turn a valve and top up the water. Where does this go!?! There are three holes in the bottom of the boiler, the rightmost of which is empty, but if I put the key in that hole there is nothing immediately obvious for it to connect into. I think the metal covering on the bottom of the boiler could probably be removed as it definitely unclips at one side.

Has anyone got/seen one of these boilers? Do you know how to top it up?

I've done a fairly thorough web search looking for the instructions, but haven't been able to find anything, so I would greatly appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks,
Ellie

Sponsored Links
Try looking under Worcester!

Yours is a British Gas badged boiler. Ask them nicely a few times and they may eventually send you a user manual.

You shove it up the hole it fits and turn it 90° clockwise and then turn a black squarish knob a few turns anticlockwise and the pressure should start to rise.

I think thats about right, I do it without looking or thinking.

Tony

You shove it up the hole it fits and turn it 90° clockwise and then turn a black squarish knob a few turns anticlockwise and the pressure should start to rise.

I think thats about right, I do it without looking or thinking.

smug git :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
I usually do it with the bottom panel left in place!

Wow, that was quick!

I've tried it with the panel in place, but there doesn't seem to be anything lining up with the hole.

I've taken the panel off, and this is what I see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36406812@N00/366413180/

The key seems to fit into the black plastic hole to the left of the grey knob, but doesn't do much when I turn it. Is this the correct place? When I was pushing it through the hole it seemed to be touching the metal parts near to the coloured wires. (It's so obvious I have no idea what any of this stuff does!!!)

Thanks again.

Try turning the BLACK knob to the left as well as the grey knob.

Turn them both off ( clock ) before you remove the "T" key unless you want a shower.

Tony

We have pressure!!!

I wasn't lining up the prongs on the white key correctly with the black hole, so that's why nothing was happening.

It was the grey knob I had to turn, and really quite a long way - I would have given up if you hadn't said that it was a few turns.

When I removed the white key a few drops of water came out - maybe just two or 3 mls - is this okay?

The white key acts as a passage for the flow into the boiler.

When you pull it out you always get a few last drops left on it and you can flick them away.

Now you should have that lovely warm feeling.

Tony

You are an absolute star, and have saved me from having to call my dad for help! (Left home more than 10 years ago, but when it comes to DIY it doesn't feel like it!)

Let me know your favourite charity, and I'll make a wee donation to say thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back