Celsia 24LE sprung to life but now won't quit - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[I checked the FAQs and previous posts but found nothing, so sorry if someone had a similar problem before & I missed it]

We have a Celsia 24LE (what I've read here is a rebranded Worcester 24 CDi). This afternoon the heating sprung into life and will not respond to the controls (it has a 3-state switch OFF/TIMER/ON and a separate temperature control). It was left switched off as it always is in Summer, but for some reason it came on. The only way I've been able to stop it is by using the main ON/OFF switch, but this leaves us without hot water.

I only realised when I noticed it had gotten really warm, I checked the boiler & the pressure gauge was reading 3+ (it's usually 1.5ish cold) - I've never noticed it that high before even when we have it on high in Winter, it seems while it was on there was nothing telling it to cut out once it got up to temperature.

Is there anyone who could suggest the most likely cause for this problem and might it be a part I can swap out myself? I took the bottom cover off & removed the timer form the front, that look simple to replace but I'm not so sure that it where the problem lies.

Any help or suggestions welcome, it's not so cold just now so I can live with it like this for a little while before possibly taking more drastic (expensive ;) ) action.

thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Pressure was reading over 2 before I set it going again for a while - no sign of water coming from anywhere while it's running. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back