No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mum has a Potterton Lynx Combi which is 15 yrs old and today it stopped producing hot water (taps and CH)...is there a pilot light igniter? or is it all electronic and is there anything I can try before calling the professionals? Captain Flashard

Sponsored Links
If the CH is still working then its most likely to be the diverter which has failed.

However its unlikely you will be able to fix it so you will probably have to call a professional. We would charge £96 inc in the London area.

Tony

Thanks Tony - CH is not working either. Given the age of the boiler, (15 yrs) will it last another 5 yrs and will spare be a problem? Flashard

If its not working at all then in view of its age its questionable if its worth repairing. Its electronic ignition so no pilot light!

Even if its repaired then its still a 15 y.o. boiler and at that age could be expected to fail again at any time.

It might be worth getting someone to come and assess/repair it. Depending on exactly where you are that might cost you about £65 and may get it going again.

Replacement is likely to cost about £500-700 plus the cost of the boiler at £540-£1100 depending on model chosen.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony - the service engenier identofied a small leak which cause dthe water preasure to drop and thus for the boiler not to fired up. Its fixed now, however they suggested that my mum should have it is replaced spring/summer time.

Location is NW3, so if this is you patch and you would like to put in a quote, let me have you contact details and I'll hook up

Many thanks - Flashard

Bad news living in London.Good for engineers though. Up north the change should cost ya about £350. plus the price of the boiler,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back