no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have no hot water I've tryed the valve moving little handle but not working i have the water tank in loft

Sponsored Links
what is the cylinder thermostat set to? Does the programmer work? What valve - 2 or 3 port?

So it’s likely to be the cylinder thermostat or the 2 port valve (microswitch or synchron motor).

Sponsored Links
Using a multimeter. Try latching the lever into manual and create a heating demand, if water goes to cylinder as well then it’s likely to be the zone valve

Open the hot water valve manually - make sure the little lever is hooked in so it stays in the open position - there is a little indent where the lever locks in. Then turn on the heating by raising the room thermostat - this is so the boiler comes on. Then feel the pipes on the HW valve - should start getting hot. This will heat the HW tank until you can get the valve fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back