No light coming on my room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our Worcester Bosch combi boiler boiler on test for a week with valves turned off for heating to see if the pressure drops with just hot water. There was no significant drop from the 1.4 set by the Bosch engineer last week and we were told to turn the valves back on today and top up pressure however the green light on the stat is still not coming on and we have no heat coming through to the rads. I understand from past thread that we might thus have a leak in a pipe somewhere reducing pressure but would this also make the green light not come on? I dont want to start rerouting pipes, buying sealant etc if it could be a simple wiring problem? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the pressure set to 1 bar?

Is the thermostat turned up?

What stat, clock do you have?

Is the clock set to on, displaying correct day and time?

Have you opened the valves?

Is the pressure set to 1 bar?

Is the thermostat turned up?

What stat, clock do you have?

Is the clock set to on, displaying correct day and time?

Have you opened the valves?

Hello again Terry. Yes all those things have been done
The round Honeywell dial stat downstairs has no date and time on it just the degrees for heat
The specific times are on the square digital Honeywell controls upstairs and we have the little black oblong marker on this one set to continuous.
What I am asking is whether the light will not come on because of the leak or could the controls have a problem of their own?

Sponsored Links
Honeywell is a brand, they make numerous types and models of timer and stat. Can you see yours here?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?f...e=&priceFrom=&priceTo=&priceFilterOn=[/QUOTE]

Overall is Very like Honeywell ST9400C ProgrammerProduct Code: 8860but ours has a blue back light and instead of a green button it has a grey one which has Mode written under it. That one has green light on it when we ask for heat but the partner dial downstairs shows no green light

most room stats don't have a light, it costs extra.

I take it that all your rads are cold, and you have checked the knobs to make sure the valves are open?

do you hear the pump and boiler run?

when was the heating system installed; and what do you know about the person who did it?

I take it that all your rads are cold, and you have checked the knobs to make sure the valves are open?

when was the heating system installed; and what do you know about the person who did it?

Rads are all cold and all knobs turned on
Boiler is in the loft- I cant see it but my husband went up to top up the pressure and turn the valves back on after the test. Bosch say the boiler is fine. The boiler was put in by local gas safe engineer in Roydon.

Boiler is in the loft- I cant see it but my husband went up to top up the pressure and turn the valves back on after the test. Bosch say the boiler is fine. It is producing hot water OK. The boiler was put in by local gas safe engineer in Roydon.

Boiler is in the loft- I cant see it but my husband went up to top up the pressure and turn the valves back on after the test. Bosch say the boiler is fine. It is producing hot water OK. The boiler was put in by local gas safe engineer in Roydon.
I understand that the pump is inside the boiler - is there an indicator to show if the pump has gone and would we still be getting hot water?

Is the blue light on the front of the boiler flashing at all?

Is the thermostat on the boiler turned up ?

Oh, and hello evonne :D

Is the blue light on the front of the boiler flashing at all?

Is the thermostat on the boiler turned up ?

Oh, and hello evonne :D

Thermostat on boiler is turned up and no blue light flashing i. e just a steady blue light

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back