'No more nails' for overboarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Quick question I hope you can help with. I'd like to overboard a shower room wall which is half bare plaster and half emulsion. Rather than try and find the studs, I wondered whether 'No more nails' or similar product might suffice and make for a cleaner skim..?

Sponsored Links
no more nails wont do.
i’d use
but only if the emulsion is sound on the wall.

I wouldn't like to try it with GripFil - I have the feeling that it might not adhere too well if you subsequently tile the wall, and you'd need to push the PB against the wall with go bars or the like overnight while the grip adhesive goes off.

You would be better off with one of the PU adhesive foams which have come onto the market in recent years. including products like the Screwfix No Nonesense Expanding Sticky Foam, Bond-It Megastik or Soudal Adhesive Foam. The first two are gun-grade products, but the latter one doesn't require a gun. There are loads of other products on the market. I've used the Bond-It and Soudal products to fix full height wall cladding and skirtings onto painted taped and jointed plasterboarded walls and can attest that they work well

As GWAP says, the paintwork has to be in good condition and not glossy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both, that's really helpful. I've used the Soudal product before so might go for that but will deff also check out the grab adhesive too.. thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back