"no more ply" backer board onto wall & studdin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought some 6mm backer board from Tile Giant to cover an existing smooth wall and also bridge/cover the "very of its time" serving hatch hole!

I was sold their adhesive for the main wall but as the serving hatch can have some battens/studding stood within it as support, what screws are ok to use to screw through it to hold it close to the studding?

Do i need to buy a box of their fixings or would a gently applied wood screw/plasterboard screw through a pre-drilled hole be suitable?

Also what drill the is best for these? Masonry on non-hammer?

cheers!

Sponsored Links
Aquapanel which I would guess is the same kind of thing sell their own rust proof screws (Wickes sell them) but I would think plasterboard screws would do fine. As for drilling try without hammer I can't think you will need it but if it is difficult try one with it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back