NO power at all to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my brother has just called me out as his boiler conventional system will not work there is no power at all going to it he said it was fine last night but today it just would not come on the programmer still works but no power... I asked him if anything has happened he said he had laminate flooring put down today this is the room where room stat is..
Has this got anything to do with it how do i check if there is a power source
How is it fixed
please any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
The room stat will be the best place to start, that tells the boiler to fire. Go to the control box and try linking it out with a piece of wire(power off first obviously)

Sponsored Links
The room stat relates to the heating only and if it was at fault it would not prevent the boiler from lighting on the hot water side.
What make you say the programmer still works, I would question that! Have you proof that power is leaving the programmer and reaching the cylinder stat and room stat.
You say it's a conventional system, but is there such a thing?.
The connecting wires are usually joined in a 10 terminal box which I suppose could have been disturbed if you've had work done in that area.
I think you have to firstly concentrate on the programmer and cylinder stat and boiler to trace where the interuption to the power supply is taking place.
Understanding the wire connections in the terminal box also is not that straight forward.
sorry can't be more helpful.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The installer will have chosen the most convenient place somewhere easy to run the wires. Not too far away. Try tracing the wires from cylinder stat and room stat motorised valve boiler/pump. See where they lead you,maybe airing cupboard. Could even be under floor board but it will somewhere central.
When you buy a cylinder stat or motorised valve it will have about a metre of wire suppled with it so and the installer will not want to replace this wire if it can be avoided.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What voltage is the gas valve,? if it's 24v check the transformer.
A bit more info would be helpful as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back