No power to electric oven.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got two ovens (instead of a double oven) and one of them has stopped working. They are both the same model - the Terim T06600SS.

There is no heat/fan/light or anything - it seems like it's just not getting any power. The element blew last year but then the fan and light still worked so I don't think it's that.

I've taken it out of its unit and replaced the fuse on the plug at the back (which did seem to have blown), but it still doesn't work.

There's also a big red switch at the wall which turns off power to both ovens and the extractor fan. There's a fuse thing in the wall next to it but I've checked that fuse and it seems OK.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

Pete

Sponsored Links
The wife has just mentioned that she was using the oven when it went - apparently she heard it make bang and then it went off. This suggests it might have been the element blowing (even though it wasn't even a year old), but why would it still not come back on? Last time when the element blew the oven fan and light still came on, it just produced no heat. This time there's nothing.

I'm sorry but there seems to be surfeit of silly questions recently.

When the car breaks down; do you go on a forum and just ask what's wrong with it?

It's broken - get a repair man.

Try plugging a known working appliance into the socket first.

If that works then you will know the fault is in the oven rather than external

Sponsored Links

When the car breaks down; do you go on a forum and just ask what's wrong with it?

It's broken - get a repair man.

This is a DIY help forum. Do you have a problem with that?

Actually, yes - and it's saved me hundreds, if not thousands of pounds.

Last time my oven broke I got some advice online and fixed it myself for a few quid. Sorry if that upsets you.

Theres a seperate section on the forum for appliances.
This sections more for the mains supply side,

Not sure how busy the appliance section is but your query may be better asked there, as it attracts diferent readers, if you get no response soon, you could alert a mod and he may move the post across

Can you pull the oven out completely, remove some panels and check the cables? Perhaps the main supply is fried rendering everything inoperable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back