No pressure in heating system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

I've recently had my boiler and water tank replaced. I've now got a Worcester Greenlink Ri boiler and a pressurised hot water tank. My radiators were gurgling and clicking when the heating kicked in so I decided to bleed them all. One of my radiators had no water or no air in it which was odd. I looked at the heating system and there's what I assume is an expansion tank with a pressure gauge on it that is currently reading zero with a tell-tale needle showing 1.5bar. As far as I can see there's no pressure gauge on the boiler. I'm guessing that the system needs refilling and pressure building but I'm clueless about this - I can see that there's two valves in the closed position leading to the expansion tank. I've taken pics, any help would be great.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
Ignore me - I'm aware I'm talking to myself now - I turned the valves and the pressure is back to 1.5 bar.

One question, what causes the pressure to drop as it's a closed system?

Turn any one of those black levers at the end of the flexi hose open, then slowly open the other one until the pressure rises to where you want. Then turn them both off.

Ignore me - I'm aware I'm talking to myself now - I turned the valves and the pressure is back to 1.5 bar.

One question, what causes the pressure to drop as it's a closed system?

bleeding your radiators will cause the pressure to drop.

Sponsored Links
Get the installer back in to do teh job correctly and to show you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back