no pressure reef thermostatic bath mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just fitted a reef thermostatic bath mixer tap and the water pressure is low, there's not enough pressure to keep the shower button up. The pressure on the old mixer tap was fine. Can anyone help.
stevier555

Sponsored Links
have you got it on a gravity water supply ?
pressure for this mixer is 1 bar min.

How much water pressure does your system deliver?

Note - I do mean pressure, not the flow rate.

Brassware specifically designed for gravity systems is usually capable of delivering a high flow rate with very low water pressures.

A lot of brassware on the market is designed for pressurised systems, and will nearly always disappoint if fitted to a gravity system.

Gravity systems typically deliver pressures in the 0.1 - 0.5 Bar range.

Brassware for pressurised systems usually requires a minimum pressure of 1 Bar or more to operate satisfactorily.

The pressure, measured in Bar, available in a gravity system is usually assessed by measuring the vertical distance from the cold storage tank to the tap outlet in Metres, and dividing by 10.

Thanks for your quick replies. Its gravity feed(i think), With the cold water tank in the attic of a two storey house. bathroom is on the ground floor, And at the back extension of the house. The hot water cylinder is next to the bathroom in the airing cupboard. The vertical distance is about 5.2, Over all pipe distance is about 11.3m.
Will i need to have a pump fitted, And if so where is the best place to put it.
Thanks,
Stevier555

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back