no sound through speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LCD42911FHD3D

Hi,

My tv stopped sending sound through the speakers. The headphone socket works so I know sound is getting out. . It stopped after I took out the kids wii from the composite on the side.

I replaced the main board but still the same issue. .
I don't have anyway to test the speakers. . Could it be the inverter board or something?

Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Are the composite video sockets on the mother board or on a separate board? It seems to me that the mechanical movement has damaged something in that area so that the stereo amplifier is no longer working.

I always use an old PP3 9v battery to check speakers. Crude but good enough, and provides insufficient current to damage them.

All the input sockets (composite, hdmi, usb...etc) are on the main board. The headphone socket works fine which is on the main board also. So looks like I may need new amplifier board.

Edit: closer inspection shows a psu board and inverter board. Would the amplifier be part of the power supply board?

Sponsored Links
Sam Gangee";p="3057845 said:
See where the loudspeaker wires go.[/quote
]

To the main board. ..I've already replaced. Still same issue. So I'd guess the power board has the amp?

I don't follow your logic. The loudspeakers would normally be connected directly to the amplifier outputs.

If it were mine, I'd inject a signal at the volume control (or somewhere obviously in the audio circuit) and trace it through using an oscilloscope or simple audio amplifier. In fact, since you say that you have audio at the headphone output, I'd trace it from there.

The speaker wires go to the main board. (All input/output connections such as speakers, ir sensor and hdmi) I tested the sub out connection (rca or composite?) And that works... The main board I replaced. But the same issue still stands. .. no sound via built in speakers. I tested the speakers and they do work. I don't have access to oscillator or any other tools.

So deducting the fact I've replaced the main board, I'm guessing that the amp is on the same board as the power supply. .. I've noticed the tv hums from the power supply. . Could a capacitor or something be dying?

My TV set has a software menu that switches off the internal speakers and yet allows the headphones to still work.

I'm sure you've already checked something like this out but I was scratching my head for an hour one day trying to figure out what has broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back