No sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, when I set up Freeview Humax box and a now TV box the Humax loses sound after watching now TV. It takes a lot of turning off and on to get working or leaving it over night. Any ideas how to realistically solve this issue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You havent said if this is just affecting the TV sound or if there's also a sound bar or surround system involved. I'm going to work on the basis that you only have the TV speakers. If it's other, then you should post an update. Models for what you have and how it's connected would be useful too.

it's probably a HDMI handshaking issue between the Humax and your TV.

As a test, try unplugging the HDMI cable between the two. Choose whichever end is most accessible. This will force the TV and box to renegotiate HDMI handshaking. If this works then it confirms a handshaking issue as a likely cause.

You might also want to have a look at the audio out options on the Humax. I'm seeing more posts about problems relating to decoding Dolby Digital. Mostly it's lipsync issues, but I wouldn't rule out loss of sound as another potential issue.

Where you find the forced HDMI handshake solves the problem come back here and post an update. We'll then look at some possible remedies.

If this and other replies were helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button on all those the posts. This isn't a big thing to ask of you. It takes a couple of seconds to do, and it costs you nothing.

You'll find that the Thanks button appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons.

This is the proper way to show your thanks and respect for the time, experience and help someone gave to you when you were in need. Be a good forum user and say thank you in the proper way. It will help to ensure that you continue to receive advice

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back