No spark so no hw or ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ex-wife and kids freezing, so save my kids please, just unlucky she\\\'ll live too, joke!!
Potterton Profile pump-fed combi (I think?) wall mounted boiler, think model falls in the 50,70,etc range. No spark to ignite boiler, so no hw or ch. Set reset but no joy, 1 amp fuse appears okay. Emergency plumber thinks there is power going in but its halting somewhere?
Likely to be lots of air in the system as ex does not understand concept of air bubbles.
Any ideas please?
Yours very gratefully
K.Boley

Sponsored Links
If it's a Profile it isn't a combi, so check your HW cylinder for an electric immersion heater to get your HW back.
The model no is on the little plastic drop-down hatch underneath.
Air in the system doesn't stop it sparking.

It's just possible the spark isn't getting to where it should. If so you'll probably hear the ticking but the pilot won't light. If you undo the screw and slide the bottom forward you will see the HT lead (thin) to the left of the assembly with control box etc on . Look for stray sparks or the wire dropped off.

More likely that the prob is with the fan, air switch or control pcb. Needs a multimeter/engineer to diagnose.

You probably have a performa, or a suprima, not a profile. Before the spark is triggered the boiler checks for the presence of pressure, waterflow and airflow. If the system is filled properly, it means one of the essentials is missing. I would not recommend a diy on this job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back