ravensheat hw/ch intermitant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ravensheat white star combi.When it was about 2 years old the hot water and ch both started working intermitantly,that was about a year ago and it`s still the same now.The boiler will usually ignite(but not always)on both hw and ch but will soon stop.after a minute or so it will usually ignite again and then stop.this continues all the time the boiler is being used.Ocasionally(but very rarely)it will work fine with no probs.I did notice last week that if the ch is on max it will eventualy heat radiators to hot.After this the ch was turned off ond hw seemed to be ok for a few hours,but then returned to intermitant.When listening to the boiler on trying to ignite,I can hear the pump and fan working,then the spark can sometimes be heard,but not always.It then fails to ignite,and the fan stops.I did have a corgi look at it before and he tried to convince me it was scaled up,so he flushed it,but to no avail.Please ,anyone any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Have the thermistors replaced!
Had a look at boiler,wiggled wiring on thermister and hey presto now works fine.Will have thermister changed,but that seems to be the prob.Many thanks,you`ve saved me loads of hastle and probably money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back