No water from Shower/Bath mixer tap unless sink tap runs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get water out of my bath/shower mixer tap without running the hot tap in the bathroom sink

I have an 18 month old Worcester Bosch boiler, and the mixer bar tap for shower and bath was installed a year ago. Occasionally I'd have this problem, and a quick spurt from the basin taps would get things flowing again but it has been happening more frequently, now involving 30 mins of messing around to get the shower started, and sometimes having to leave the taps in the sink running. I've already increased the boiler pressure, which hasn't made a difference.

If I run the hot tap in the sink on full for a few seconds, this seems to kick the bath/shower mixer tap in (after a few attempts).

Before anyone asks, the plumbing co that installed the boiler are not an option (I won't have them back after they way they treated my house), and the other plumber who installed the mixer tap has moved away.

Am thinking its either the valve within the tap, or something to do with the cold water pressure, rather than anything else (but am no plumber, that is just my best guess).

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I go and part with £200 for someone to come and fix it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back