No water pressure on my boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I get the pressure back on with a Britony Combi SE boiler? The pressure gauge is at zero and we cannot get heating or hot water. We need these urgently. There are four taps under the boiler, I believe from left to right they are CH flow, Gas (yellow), Water, and CH Return. There doesn't seem to be a filling loop or at least if there is I can't find any taps or valves on it as everyone keeps telling me. What do I do? Please help.

Sponsored Links
No can't see anything like, is that a filling loop? There is some silver flexible cable going from the far right tap (CH flow I believe) to some other part of the boiler at the back. It's confusing. Here are some photos

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Where did your pressure go in the first place? And from your description, you seem to be missing a water pipe. You should have cold mains in and hot water out. You must have a filling loop somewhere. Keep looking. We need a picture of all the pipes together directly below the boiler please.

Ah ok, you were right. There was a filling loop which I eventually found. So I turned it and things sorted themselves out - at first. The heating came on, we could get hot water but now the 'overflow pipe' is gushing water and our little garden has become a pond! Did I do something wrong?

Have you turned off the filling loop ?

You should have turned it off at one bar bled your rads and topped it back up to one bar if necessary.

You've overfilled, and you've possibly got an expansion vessel problem on your boiler too.

Always a good idea to turn off the filler when its reached 1.5 bar :)

I found a tap that changes the pressure, I assume this is the tap of the filling loop? The problem is if you turn it off the pressure drops to zero and we have no heating/hot water. OR if I turn the tap so that the pressure raises to approx 1 bar we can get heating/hot water but then the overflow pipe starts throwing out water. There's no happy medium with heating/hot water and no overflowing it seems...

Your pressure relief valve is passing, and you possibly have an undercharged/faulty expansion vessel, which may have caused your pressure problems in the first place. Sounds to me like you've reached the point where you should call in a RGI......
Tony (Agile) is London based, get him in, he'll sort it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back