Noise when flushing toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum,

Newbie here so please don't laugh!

When flushing my toilet, for the duration of the time it takes to fill the cistern back up there is a loud noise. Can't really describe it! There are also vibrations felt when holding the inlet pipe. The noise has been happening for a few weeks now.

I've read some of the other posts on here and some say it's the float valve in the cistern. Is that possible? The noise isn't coming from the cistern, more like the pipes.

Could it be trapped air? I'm hoping it's not water hammer as all the pipes are under the floorboards!

I've tried consistently running the water feed into the tank, but that didn't clear the issue.

Any advise would be really great as the credit crunch is going to make a plumber callout ruin Christmas!

Thanks,
Ian

Sponsored Links
I'd start with replacing the ball valve assy or at least fitting a service kit to it.As these assemblies are cheap to buy just replace it if you have the DIY skills.

Had a similar thing which turned out to be the service valve on the inlet pipe. I opened it fully and the noise ceased.

Do you have one of these?
comap-service-valve-22mm-straight.jpg

Just a thought.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back