Noisy Boiler – Aeroplane Sound

when you told the suppliers it didnt work were they going to look into it

Sponsored Links
With 4000 for a boiler swap and 8000 for a system rebuild, you could consider to spend a fraction of that on a powerflush.
Can’t find the data on your boiler, but if it has a cast iron heat exchanger like I seem to remember, the system can be flushed with fx2. This works very well on both metal oxide and limescale. If this is the cause of the problem as it appears to be, the system would need a powerflush anyway before changing the boiler.
The quotes seem awfully high, I would ask a good local installer for his opinion on what you need, and what he would charge for it.

Thanks for all the advice and apoligies for not posting a reply more quickly.

Firstly, put in a second bottle of F2 and it has worked perfectly. Boiler now operating very quitely, I have been able to turn the pump down.

I am still planning to put in the DX40, but hopefully this can wait until the warmer weather when I can lockdwn the rads for a week. At same time I will detach rads and take a hosepipe to them.

Kind Regards

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back