Noisy central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
We have just moved in to a one bedroom cottage with a Viessmann Vitodens 100 condenser boiler with a Grundfos 3 speed heating pump which at present is on the middle speed setting,the pump is quite noisy and I'm wondering if it's safe to turn it down to the slower speed and will that effect the boiler at all.
W also have a water pressure problem and I've noticed that the boiler occasionally puts up fault code 0b does that indicate anything serious ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If pump noisy thats usually worn bearings and will need to be replaced.

Setting "1" rarely gives sufficient flow but you could try it.

I dont remember fault codes but that does not seem a valid code.

You need a system pressure of at least 1.0 Bar and should get that sorted as potentially it could cause damage to the boiler.

It sounds as if your system is sludged and that needs to be sorted out properly before it gets worse!

Tony

Thanks for the quick reply Tony, sounds like there's no quick fix and I need to call out an engineer, I'll get on to it.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back