Noisy Extractor Ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I've got a problem with a noisy Bosch Extractor fan. If memory serves it has a 150mm output, so I've had to use 2 reducers to get down to the 100mm ducting that is present in the kitchen.
I've created a video here:
The audio on the video isn't great. It sounds like something is obstructing or flapping around inside the ducting. If I remove the ducting the fan goes completely silent. Is the fact it's flexible ducting a cause of this?
Replacing the ducting wouldn't be an easy option for me, so I was wondering if there's anyway to make it quieter.
As I'm about to decorate the kitchen I thought I'd ask for advice here as the cover is off.
Many Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Is there a non return flap on the top of the unit.? Once ducting is connected it creates turbulence which causes noise.Should be foil ducting above heat, plastic is soon destroyed by heat .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back