Noisy Hotpoint (and others) Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished the repair and thanks to Paul of how-to-repair.com (sent him a fiver). This dryer (TCM580) is only 4.5 yrs old but began making an annoying high pitched whirring noise from time to time. Eventually realised that it was coming from the small Chinese drain pump low down at the back. Paul,(mentioned above) has a number of useful videos and it did not take long to find the one I needed. Then off to ebay to search for a replacement - £16 as it happens which is considerably cheaper than the same thing offered on the Hotpoint web site for £48!!!. If I had got them to do it I would probably have been ripped off for over a hundred quid which is a bloody disgrace considering that these appliances should be fault free for at least ten years IMO. How long did it take me - about ten minutes once I had done the amount of dismantling which Paul shows

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back