Noisy Neff induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve owned two previous induction hobs without issue but now have a Neff T36FB41X0G 4 zone hob.

When using one or two pans it makes the usual very low humming noises associated with induction cooking but when three or four pans are used there’s a very audible clicking, like a car indicator relay energising and de-energising along with very loud humming that ramps up and down.

Has anybody else experienced this, maybe with this particular hob or any others?

Initially I assumed it was a power management issue as it came with a flex and plug top so I’ve deactivated the 3kW limit within the basic settings of the hob and wired directly to the hob with a 6mm cable on a 32A circuit.
That’s not changed a thing.

Also the pans are of very reasonable quality being Circulon induction rated.

Sponsored Links
Try and determine if it's a particular zone that perhaps you don't norally use when just using two pans.

So try each zone in turn by itself for a few minutes each to determine what's actually happening, it sounds to me like one zone is not registering a pan.

If you can determine which zone is playing up ....the try using a steel pan. Some induction pans despite saying induction on the base can be problematical as they don't have enough ferrous in them ! So the hob sensors can't detect them !

hi GaryMo
we have just bought the same hob and seem to have the same clicking noise, tried different pans and the same.
did you get an answer

Sponsored Links
Hi Gary, we've just installed a neff hob, on a 13amp plug and have exactly the same issue. It's fine with 2 pans but makes an audible click with 4 pans on. Did you ever get to the bottom of it? Cheers, Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back