Noisy Neighbours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
Im having a few problems with noisy neighbours and am looking into putting up a stud wall in my livingroom to help cut down the noise.
As i under stand it you can put up a false wall with insulation behind but make sure the false wall is not touching the main wall behind,now some posts here say thats the way forward,but some say its no good as you need to do the whole side of the house upstair bedrooms as well as the gap in the wooden joists,so my question is...has anyone here done anything like this and did it work...?.
Any help or tips would be great.

Many Thanks.

david.

Sponsored Links
wulliebad said:
Hi Everyone,
Im having a few problems with noisy neighbours and am looking into putting up a stud wall in my livingroom to help cut down the noise.
As i under stand it you can put up a false wall with insulation behind but make sure the false wall is not touching the main wall behind,now some posts here say thats the way forward,but some say its no good as you need to do the whole side of the house upstair bedrooms as well as the gap in the wooden joists,so my question is...has anyone here done anything like this and did it work...?.
Any help or tips would be great.

Many Thanks.

david.

Never done it. But it will work to some extent. All properties are different though so no-one can give you an idea of the possible results. A case of suck it and see really.

What's the existing wall made of? What kind of noises do the neighbours make?

Why dont you go round and tell them to shut the f*ck up

Sponsored Links
djinn said:
Why dont you go round and tell them to shut the f*ck up
I think that's a very good point, if your neighbors are too loud, you might want to try to have a little chat with them and save yourself the hassle of all that work..
Sometimes people simply don't realize that their music/noise can be bothering their neighbors... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back