Noisy new Bathroom sink taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a plumber (though I am now doubting his abilities) fit new taps to our bathroom kitchen sink, but the noise when you turn them on is quite defeaning and can be heard all over the house. A friend of ours has suggested that there may be air trapped in which case we need to turn on all taps including shower let them run then turn off from the bottom of the house upwards. I am going to try this but has anyone experienced and this and please help.

Thanks Becky :D

Sponsored Links
noise?

squirting, gurgling, banging, moaning or what?

Hi
None of those just very loud when turned on and reduces when turned on full - more loudness expelling the water and you can hear the taps turn on and off with a bit of a clunk downstairs.

Becky :D

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for this however seems a bit strange that fitting new taps could cause this when the pressure was fine before with original taps. Listening to the noise again I would say it was similar to that of a waterfall!!

Any ideas :D

i surpose they would as they both use water

where is the noise coming from tap, pipe, etc ?

if they are bathroom basin taps and they are high pressure design this may be the cause? .... otherwise maybe a loose washer/assembly?

Did plumber turn of water at stop cock? Maybe all you need do is turn down the pressure somewhat......check if stop tap all the way open then close it say 2 turn and check pressure on taps.. just a thought

if they are bathroom basin taps and they are high pressure design this may be the cause? .... otherwise maybe a loose washer/assembly?

Hi Steve

Thanks for this suggestion. How would I know if the taps are high pressure. They were from Aldi so not expensive just wanted to smarten the bathroom up ready for selling house.

Thanks

Becky :)

Did plumber turn of water at stop cock? Maybe all you need do is turn down the pressure somewhat......check if stop tap all the way open then close it say 2 turn and check pressure on taps.. just a thought

Hi

Actually no he did not turn off the stop cock so will try this and thanks for the reply I will let you know

Becky :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back