Noisy Potterton 60e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Potterton is working OK (it's 16 years old), but makes a loud rumbling noise. I'm not sure, but might this just be caused by the fan?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes it could be a few things what model is it?

apart from making sure there is sufficient water in the system, theres not a great deal you can do yourself. maybe turn stat down or introduce a boiler silencer chemical into system if noise is from heat exchanger. might be worth chemical cleaning aswell.

would recommend you get a corgi engineer to investigate fan though.

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
apart from making sure there is sufficient water in the system, theres not a great deal you can do yourself. maybe turn stat down or introduce a boiler silencer chemical into system if noise is from heat exchanger

would recommend you get a corgi engineer to investigate fan though.

OK thanks. I would add that the rumbling noise is evident even before the burner kicks in i.e when the fan is running.

Very well could be the fan then. Bit difficult to diagnose on the internet, so i can only recommend you call a corgi man. hope goes well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back