noisy toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i flush my toilet and it starts to refill a deep quite loud humming noise occurs. The toilet is a close coupled lever handled type with syphonic action and mains fed into cistern from bottom entry. the noise occurs at start of refill and ends before cistern has finished filling. however it doesnt seem to make the noise whenever you flush wait for it to fill, and then flush again. Its more when it hasnt been flushed for a while it is noisy. Could it need the ball valve split and checked for dirt, or a new one. Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Fluidmaster all the way - if you can find a PTS near you they'll charge you £8.99 foor one at the moment. It comes with a brass connection shank at the bottom as well so you won't knacker the nasty plastic threads you find on most other valves.

Ah the old rivalry re-emerges...I've never yet found someone who likes both. Personally I've had a few Torbecks break down so I've given up with them.

only joking....
each to their own i say.

i'v always had success with the torbeck so dont mind recommending them.

Thks all for your help. Not everything is covered in the text books,and you cant beat experience,cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back