Noisy Vokera ESC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Vokera ESC boiler which has started to sound like a plane taking off this week, when it is calling for heat or hot water. I am going to try to find a plumber to come out tomorrow, but can anybody give me any idea what this might be?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of one of those!

Can anyone give me a brief description?

Tony

Sponsored Links
If I remember correctly this is a fairly recent condensing model using an aluminium heat exchanger .

The problem MAY be due to weak gas/air mix or possibly just an inlet silencer tube resonance.

I would be very surprised if it was the fan !!!!!!!!

Probably NOT a DIY job!

Tony

It has a sticker on it saying that it was installed in 1996, I had it serviced about 18 months ago. Will ring around tomorrow to see if somebody will come out.
Thanks

Got an man coming out today, over the phone diagnosis is that it is the fan, which is v expensive to replace and will cost £270. Happy New Year to me. :cry:

If that what he's chage'in to fit a fan make sure its ok be 4 u part with that dosh.

fan will cost 140 pounds,and should take about an hour start to finish,up to you if you are competent/confident .

I had this problem twice..............both times i found the burn split (its a ceramic burner).
Im having more and more to do with these boilers and in my opinion they are the most over engineered pieces of junk out there. My recommendation is to replace the whole boiler.

I had the same problem here about two years ago.Got the experts in and they found it was the flue.Where the flue went through the loft a coupling was broken.Point to remember here is that the flue on this system is a pipe within a pipe,if the two gases come together it crates an awful racket.I used to think it was like a helicopter taking off.
My boiler is a vokera linea 24.
The coupling costs about a fiver,but luckily i got vokera agents in.Some lads might of charged me a complete flue system which can cost 130quid.
I found the vokera agents very helpful in my area(north east england).

Blind leading the blind!

The Vokera Linea is completely different from the condensing Eclipse boiler being discussed here.

A cracked burner sounds much more likely to me than a faulty fan!

Tony Glazier

he's coming at 1pm with the new fan, i'll make sure that it isn't still doing the noise before i pay. thanks for all of your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back