Normal for Blackburn.

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Tragically, you are correct. Our replacements are making their way here on an armada of rubber dinghies as we speak. With only the poor quality sports clothes they stand up in to their names. Dig deep, UK taxpayers!
Six million quid a day spent in order to keep refugees seeking asylum in hotels around the country - what're they going to do when Mr and Mrs Average want to go get a tan at Skeggy this summer?

I'd disagree when you say other countries don't suffer like we do, as I've spent time in a few Eastern European countries full of delinquents like we have -- the problem is just the same.

I'm left wonderning whether you have really visited Eastern/Central Europe. This is from London -

Can you find evidence of similar levels of violence, mayhem and bloodshed in other EE capitals? Prague, Warsaw, etc, etc?

I know the answer will be no.

Last edited:
Can you find evidence of violence, mayhem and bloodshed in other EE capitals? Prague, Warsaw, etc, etc?

You are telling the internet's that you aren't really as streetwise as you'd like to think you are.

You don't have a clue, which makes you think everyone else doesn't have a clue.

It's 'nice' to visit a city as a tourist. It is something entirely different if you want to visit a city, like Marseille, & strut around like you own the place.

Sponsored Links
You are telling the internet's that you aren't really as streetwise as you'd like to think you are.

You don't have a clue, which makes you think everyone else doesn't have a clue.

It's 'nice' to visit a city as a tourist. It is something entirely different if you want to visit a city, like Marseille, & strut around like you own the place.

Granted, we're not all globetrotting, jetsetting BS merchants like your esteemed self.

I've edited my previous post as it wasn't clear enough for the hard of thinking. May help you keep up. I have lived in these countries not just been on a stag.

I'm realising you're not as young as you used to be and it's past your bedtime, but WTF has Marseille got to do with Eastern Europe?

Can you find evidence of violence, mayhem and bloodshed in other EE capitals? Prague, Warsaw, etc, etc?

You think you were right, yet you still felt the need to alter your original post. In my mind that is an incredible fail.

I don't know of any city, anywhere in the world, where their isn't a dark underbelly. If you think every city is what is seen through the eyes of it's tourists then you are not even one of its tourists.

So what are you? Are you sat in front of your telly lapping it all up, or are you the type that thinks all cultures are what is reflected within the travel brochures?

We live in strange times. The same authorities who have presided over the massive reduction in smoking in society and drinking in pubs, have also allowed massive growth in hard and soft drug use. Gone too far now - time to give safe, prescribed drugs to addicts and cut out the criminality involved in supply.
It's strange that it's much easier to control the sale, consumption and safety of substances when they are taxed, and sold only in licenced premises by responsible individuals.

And much more difficult when they are totally out of control and the business is run by organised crime and disorganised criminals.

I wonder if there's a solution.

The anti-drink lobby will be on about how dangerous alcohol is compared to a "harmless" bit of drug taking.

As will the anti-smokers such as myself. Cigarettes are estimated to have caused 100 million deaths, more than Hitler and Stalin together.

"US surgeon Alton Ochsner recalled that when he was a medical student in 1919 his class was summoned to observe an autopsy of a lung cancer victim. At that time, the disease was so rare it was thought unlikely the students would ever get another chance to observe an autopsy of a lung cancer victim.

But by the year 2000, it was estimated that 1.1 million people were dying annually from the disease, with about 85% of those cases stemming from a single cause - tobacco. "The cigarette is the deadliest artefact in the history of human civilisation," says Robert Proctor of Stanford University. "It killed about 100 million people in the 20th Century."

However I hold no truck with policies that put the trade into the hands of criminals.

US surgeon Alton Ochsner

Off-topic, but interesting trivia here......

Alton Ochsner was the surgeon who operated on Ben Hogan, after the world:s best golfer was critically injured in a head-on collision with a Greyhound bus.

Ochsner was flown in from New Orleans to perform the surgery.

Sponsored Links
Back