Northern powerhouse.

I've got a slightly better idea, how about they allow me to get to work and earn some money. Bit radical I'll give you.
that is just silly

Hang your head in shame.

heres an idea, how about spending £100b on a vanity project, so you can get to London 20 minutes quicker.......of course it wont help you

Sponsored Links
heres an idea, how about spending £100b on a vanity project, so you can get to London 20 minutes quicker.......of course it wont help you

My town will be ripped in half if this goes ahead and it has only been revealed in the past few months that the planning committee failed to take into account a huge filled-in quarry when planning the route LOL! We already have a service to London which is as quick as 1hr28m which is why I and others run a campaign to stop HS2.

It is a vanity project and does little more than to suck people and money into London quicker. A better idea would be investing further in existing infrastructure above the capital.

My town will be ripped in half if this goes ahead and it has only been revealed in the past few months that the planning committee failed to take into account a huge filled-in quarry when planning the route LOL! We already have a service to London which is as quick as 1hr28m which is why I and others run a campaign to stop HS2.

It is a vanity project and does little more than to suck people and money into London quicker. A better idea would be investing further in existing infrastructure above the capital.
Im sorry to hear that -it cant be much fun seeing your town ripped in half
Im convinced there must be a few Tory donors making huge money out of HS2 contracts.....I havent found anything but why are they doing it?

What is horrible is that the people and businesses that have or are losing their buildings arent being compensated -either not enough or the payments arent going through.

Just think how much the existing Northern rail infrastructure could be updated with £100b.......

It is a vanity project
It is far worse than a vanity project...

It is a scheme to plunder tens of billions of pounds of public money and place it into private pockets...

Got to keep funding 'disaster capitalism' ;)

Sponsored Links
Im sorry to hear that -it cant be much fun seeing your town ripped in half
Im convinced there must be a few Tory donors making huge money out of HS2 contracts.....I havent found anything but why are they doing it?

What is horrible is that the people and businesses that have or are losing their buildings arent being compensated -either not enough or the payments arent going through.

Just think how much the existing Northern rail infrastructure could be updated with £100b.......

They showed us renderings of the proposed viaduct which will cut through the town and it stands at 55ft high. When our group was shown this there was a shocked silence.

The plan is to create an "East Midlands Hub" which HS2 group have calculated will create 74,000 jobs. I just can't see how a large railway station will a) create that many new job roles or b) encourage investment in the area.

I'm all for change and development: investment in the existing rail network, better public service links, improvements to important routes with poor service, etc. -- I just don't think HS2 is the right way forward.

Back