Nostalgic pushbikes - no barbie pink ones please..

I had a Viking road bike and a Coppi track bike, at the time my dad was posted to Singapore where Campagnolo was "cheap as chips" so my bikes were covered in the stuff, my claim to fame, i was the first European to win a medal at the newly built track and along with my cup for third in a 1000 meter sprint, the then president Lee Qan Yu also presented me a 15yr old fit as a fiddle non smoker with a "spring loaded ash tray" ffs, i still chuckle every time i look at the photo. :confused:

I now have a Raleigh but am scared 5h17l355 to take to the road with it due to the morons that drive cars. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I now have a Raleigh but am scared 5h17l355 to take to the road with it due to the morons that drive cars. :evil:

I used to be also but I ride paths off road as much as possible and have had a smashing time riding the Ridgeway and Thames paths in S.oxon. I do believe you have some great off road riding around your area as well. Many of my cycling friends don't do and see as much as I do because they never go off road. I started riding off road on a Rayleigh folding shopping bike and due to Boot Sales have several bikes now. So give it a try. :)

I used to be also but I ride paths off road as much as possible and have had a smashing time riding the Ridgeway and Thames paths in S.oxon. I do believe you have some great off road riding around your area as well. Many of my cycling friends don't do and see as much as I do because they never go off road. I started riding off road on a Rayleigh folding shopping bike and due to Boot Sales have several bikes now. So give it a try. :)

Sponsored Links
first one that i can remember.....

....first racer - got it for christmas, and fell off in the ice within minutes of thrashing it outside :eek:

coupla Raleigh Burners, then finally a decent bmx.....

...which I sold to my brother for £50, as I was desperate for cash to buy my first house with. He's still got the Piston, almost 20 yrs on.

Then a "proper" bmx - the PK Ripper. Aluminium frame, and stiff as a board - with 100psi ramp tyres on it, the first time I did a jump on it, my teeth almost fell out!

Since then, a crappy Diamond Back mtb, which I barely use. I was looking at a Gary Fisher Big Sur a few years ago, but knew I really wouldn't get the use out of it.[/img]

Back