Not another nest thread!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve been poking around here for a while recently as I’ve just bought my first house and looking to learn the ins and outs of DIY!

I currently have a Worcester Greenstar 28i junior boiler in the garage, which is controlled using a Honeywell BDR91 relay to the CMS927 panel. Sadly, the panel is goosed, the display is so far gone I can barely make it out. This seems to be a common fault?

Anyway, as Amazon had their prime day, I grabbed a nest 3 thermostat as this suits my needs better (largish house, I’m out a lot with random work times so app control is a massive plus!)

I opened up the BDR91 and took a look, obviously the N and first L go to the respective inputs on the heat link, but then the second L is bridged to A and then a new wire for B

my understanding is
L + N = power
The bridge from L to A is for common
B = Call for heat

so, would the following be correct

BRD91 Nest
N N
L (first) L
L (second) 2 (common)
B 3

any help much appreciated as the heating is all over the shop and I can’t use the Honeywell to change it :(

98E24CFB-21E2-4AE4-AC25-19DC94B8CDB2.jpegB2333FE3-7A68-45DF-BA86-4064FE296A02.jpeg

PS the thermostat itself will be USB powered so no need to worry about the T wires

Sponsored Links
Yes, sort of, I think you’ve complicated it a bit:

L in BDR to L in Nest
N in BDR to N in Nest
Copy link wire from L to Common (2) in Nest
Grey wire in BDR (B) to Normally Open (3) in Nest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back