Not enough hot water to fill a bath!!

Get a metre of cu tube and lower it in to see how far it will go into the cylinder.

Does the IH drop vertically or is the boss fitted so it drops at an angle?

Sponsored Links
I have known people bend the element to make it fit.

I was a bit surprised, but I suppose the factory does that when bending the tube to a U shape.

very sad that you did not get a cylinder with a top and a bottom element. They are popular with people who have economy-7 type tariffs, as they let you fill up the whole cylinder at the cheap rate, and top up, if necessary, at the daytime rate.

:cry:
If only i had found this site first before getting a new tank !! oh well many thanks anyway. i have found a 36" immersion which is about 915 mm, the tank does state 900mm max :cry:
I would try the 915 one - 15mm is a small difference - if the immersion doesn`t touch anything you`ll be allright - that 900 measurement may be to allow for scale @ the bottom of the cylinder - and you aint got any yet ;)

Thank you, will have a look around for one.

Get a metre of cu tube and lower it in to see how far it will go into the cylinder.

Does the IH drop vertically or is the boss fitted so it drops at an angle?
Will try that, it goes in at a slight angle. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Err, as your cylinder is 1130mm high I think I ought to alter my suggestion to 1.5 metres of cu tube.
We don't want to lose a metre of copper, not at today's prices. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back