Not linked to pressure switch

ChrisR said:
There are safety devices and safety devices. You wouldn't cut off and slap labels on a Puma if the water pressure switch failed and someone had disconnected it - a common occurrence

Your Suprima with the FS disconnected is as safe as one of its earlier brothers which didn't have them fitted. If there's no flow, they overheat and switch off. Yes I'd insist it had to be replaced, but I certainly wouldn't leave you cold for a weekend.

AN "At Risk" would get you a sticker, but the boiler still functioning.

OK that's technically wrong - so sue me.

(Reminds me of a chap who had a cooker with one hob ring never converted to Natural Gas in the 70's, so it gave a flame a foot high. He didn't use that one. I said it was "Immediately Dangerous" - he said he'd had an awful lot of Dangerous Dinners, then :LOL: .)

dodgy dodgy ground there Chris...whether you believe it needs it or not, it is a saftey device fitted by the manufactuers and unless you had written permission from the manufactuers and if you found it linked or left it linked, it is Riddor reportable....fact.

Sponsored Links
Crossed Flow & Return on a Suprima is DISASTROUS because the sensors are mounted on (what's supposed to be) the Flow pipe!!! Leaving a fault such as that is MUCH more serious than ignoring a Flow switch - although it must be pointed out that if Mr Potty had considered such a switch unnecessary he'd have left it out! Goodness knows how many other 'cost reduction measures' were done on the Suprima! The PCB, for one!

This is a boiler that was fitted by Britsh Gas 2 years ago

BG wouldnt normally install a suprima so it must have been a strange set of circumstances before they did in your case.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies.

So as I understand it: I should have the flow switch fitted and he was correct, but this could take some time to fit. Will it make my system safer? Were British gas in the wrong bypassing the flow switch originally?

Thanks
Luke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back