Nothing like the glory days of the past - Roaming charges are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Brexit it will make sense for the Irish Republic to enter into some kind of economic union with the UK.
I suspect Eire will be ideologically opposed to any sort of union with UK, until and unless there is a united, independent Ireland.

Sponsored Links
Back on topic. When I had a paltry data allowance and used to go to Europe three or four times a year, the only time we needed data was to browse the net on our iPads and for emails. I bought a Mifi unit and I used to buy a pre-paid 'Three' 12GB data sim. From first use, it had an expiry date of 12 months. After three or four European visits with general use on the internet, the sim would expire with data still remaining. Obviously, we didn’t do any streaming. Anyone who goes on holiday and needs more than 25GB of data must be spending bloody hours on the laptop. The article linked to refers to O2's fair use policy so I suspect it’s more to do with that than anything else.

Talking of 'Glory days of the past' I seem to remember that no matter what your data plan was, it was always capped at 12Gb for roaming so 25Gb is pretty generous.

They all have roaming caps and they always have. EE are currently the most generous. Trust Galahad to pick up on some totally non-news scaremongering. :rolleyes:

Three:
Unlimited data can't be used abroad. If you’re in a Go Roam in Europe destination, you can use up to 20GB if you have a data allowance. In Go Roam Around the World destinations you can use up to 12GB on Pay Monthly or Pay As you Go plans. Any data usage over these limits will be subject to a surcharge.

Vodafone:
Choose an unlimited Data Xtra Plan with 4 Xtra benefits to roam at no extra cost in 81 destinations worldwide - more than any other network. You can still use your data allowance whilst roaming, just to note there’s a 25GB roaming fair use policy

EE:
On pay monthly, if you have a domestic data allowance greater than 50GB, the fair usage policy (given in your roaming plan) means you can use up to 50GB while roaming in the EU.

So this is where it starts. From it was never going to happen to the limit is 25gb in some cases. Watch that limit reduce.

Cameron put it so eloquently - more for less. He mean pay more for less.

So this is where it starts. From it was never going to happen to the limit is 25gb in some cases. Watch that limit reduce.
Are you stupid? What don’t you understand? It never stopped so how the **** can it start? Why hasn’t the **** who cobbled together that piece of journalistic scaremongering no-news item mentioned that ALL operators have always been applying those conditions?

Sponsored Links
I suspect Eire will be ideologically opposed to any sort of union with UK, until and unless there is a united, independent Ireland.
A union with the UK would effectly create a united Ireland.
It is all about compromise.

A union with the UK would effectly create a united Ireland.
It is all about compromise.

So you think that the RoI will give up being a sovereign state and become part of some United Kingdon of Great Britain and Ireland, or United Kingdom of The British Isles?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

So you think that the RoI will give up being a sovereign state and become part of some United Kingdon of Great Britain and Ireland, or United Kingdom of The British Isles?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
of course he doesn't.
he knows it's a ridiculous fantasy.

pure fantasy from vinty.
How else will the Irish problem be solved in a peaceful and pragmatic way.
Unionists have as much right to self determination as Nationalists.
Ireland is in the British Isles, it is an English speaking country with more links to Britain than Europe.

Ireland is in the British Isles

And NI is in Ireland.

how long do you think it will be before 51.8% of the population vote for a United Ireland?

Think of the money to be saved on your border posts.

Are you stupid? What don’t you understand? It never stopped so how the **** can it start? Why hasn’t the **** who cobbled together that piece of journalistic scaremongering no-news item mentioned that ALL operators have always been applying those conditions?
O2 didn't.

The price has gone up, albeit for a small fraction of users. The cost for excess charges is also higher for O2 users compared to Europeans as any excess charges are defacto capped at €3 per GB, dropping to €2.5 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back