Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"One of the Vatican’s most powerful cardinals has resigned suddenly amid an ongoing investigation into the suspected misuse of Catholic charitable funds for investments in luxury London real estate. The Vatican said on Thursday evening that Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu, the Italian head of the church’s office for appointing saints, had relinquished his rights as a cardinal after a meeting with Pope Francis...."

"...His role at the Secretariat included administering hundreds of millions of euros of charitable donations to the Church by Catholics around the world. In that position in 2014 he personally authorised a $200m property investment using such funds in a large office building being converted into luxury apartments in London’s Chelsea district, in a deal involving an Italian former banker Raffaele Mincione."

https://www.ft.com/content/0db675a8-6c0b-4815-b0d5-e208f4541efa

Sponsored Links
Thanks for letting us know.

I have a bit of experience in the appointing saints business.

I might apply for the vacant post.

You couldn't make it up. Oh yes you could; somebody did.

The current pope seems to me to be quite a decent fellow (unlike the previous one) though I have heard his attempts at reforms have been repeatedly blocked by an "establishment" of senior officials who share an interest. Some call it a "mafia."

Sponsored Links
The current pope seems to me to be quite a decent fellow (unlike the previous one) though I have heard his attempts at reforms have been repeatedly blocked by an "establishment" of senior officials who share an interest. Some call it a "mafia."

Nothing new

Most religions and corruption go hand in hand

Catholic Church is probably on an equal footing with Islam as far as corruption is concerned ;)

Than again has the Catholic Church ever issued the equivalent of a fatwa against any one??

In the last 30 odd years?

Or issued some dic tat to there believers to bump some one off?? As its there religious duty

Yes, both must laugh at the amateurishness of Scientology :mrgreen:

We do work for the scientology church :LOL:

And some happy clappy church who mis took. Me for some home less down and out vagrant one Christmas when I was working there :LOL:

Thought it was a bit odd when they gave me a pair of shoes :LOL:

Was working at a unatarian church yesterday

No but they did rob rape & devastate South America. Thousands of tons of gold.
Also during the crusades, the Pope stated that anyone joining the crusade would have all previous sins committed wiped. A clean slate.

Sponsored Links
Back