Novel Electric Shower

kendor said:
No tradesman could ever afford to take that much pride!

Hard to believe but they did.....
I was referring to the MILSPEC house that FWL found - any tradesman who took so much pride in his work that he wanted to do it to those standards would find that he got no work.....

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
Hard to believe but they did, cable/pyro runs were dead straight with clips precisely spaced apart, tray and trunking work was meticulously shaped without gaps showing just to give some examples(the attention to little details) and the work didn't take much longer to do as the tradesmen were skilled in working that way, nowadays it seems to be just "chucked in" and a lot of horrors are hidden under the floorboards, it seems todays "tradesmen" only seem to take care about what they do in their own homes and can't wait to get out of the buildings they are doing work for someone else in, there just doesn't seem to be that sense of pride anymore because of time constraints, money or whatever. A sad reflection of the times we live in today.

Actually, as strange as this may seem to many, I am in total agreement with Kendor on this point. Less haste is more speed, proper planning and attention to the little things makes a big difference, it also means that you get more work by recommendation.

Although I would say that thelevel of work undertook in the house in question was so way over the top as to be uneconomic to most people.

I take it the pump was installed just on the hot side (presumably there was enough head of cold water to provide a comfortable temperature) or was the pump installed between the mixer and shower head?

funkydiver said:
I take it the pump was installed just on the hot side (presumably there was enough head of cold water to provide a comfortable temperature) or was the pump installed between the mixer and shower head?

:!:

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
funkydiver said:

:!:

Maybe I'm missing something, sorry...

I was playing my "ask the audience" card... I take it I shoulda gone 50:50 with the :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back