Numax Car Battery Date of Manufacture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a new car battery. Can anyone decipher the date of manufacture code? It is a Numax battery and the date is given on the sticker as: Year 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12.

At a guess that looks like January 2007 to me. Is that correct?

None of the numbers has a mark on it.

Sponsored Links
If none of the numbers have been defaced then no date has been given. No receipt?

Yes there was a receipt. The receipt does not give the manufacturers date for the battery, and will not anyway. I have checked on the internet and there is very little information about this. There is information saying that batteries should have a date of manufacture on them and that a use by date is not given, but it would be a good idea to do so. The date would be in the format of some letter or number code or some such format.

It will also matter when the battery was filled as it is the length of time that it has had liquid in it that dictates when it is likely to sulphate.

My assumption from my initial post was that the date corresponded to the first number in each row of numbers. That does not seem to be the case.

Why the date should have to be so difficult to interpret I really don't know. It should just be a straight forward date stamped on the battery.

drop numax an e mail,im guessing that on those numbers you posted that some of them should be circled or highlighted to give you the year. you could take it back and ask for a replacement

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I have searched online and Numax don't appear to have a website so I don't have an email address. I got the battery online from Tayna so taking it back would be a problem. I shall email them to see if they have an answer to this. I wanted to get some independent advice first as Tayna will of course tell me everything is fine, even if it may not be.

ive just bought a battery from them and they seem to have very good feedback,im sure they will have your answers

Thanks again for those replies. I had come across that .pdf file but had missed the bit about the date codes. The only two letters I can find on the battery are PP which doesn't correspond to any of the date codes!

Tayna seem to be pretty good so I think I can rely on them, but you can never be sure.

Just stick it on the bl**dy car and stop worrying about it ! :eek:

I think last time I bought a battery the supplier scratched off the year (9) and month (2) and would have referred to that if I complained later.

Sponsored Links
Back