NUMBER OF RADIATORS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys,
quick question. i have a glow worm boiler -- economy 50. what is the maximum number of radiators i can fit. the house is a three bed house. i have eleven radiators fitted and i am wondering if that is too many.
the reason being that some of my radiators are not getting hot. thought it was air. bled them but the problem is still there. shut down tow radiators and the others heat up. turn all radiators on and the problem is back.
please advice.

Sponsored Links
Pump could be knackered or system sludged up. Number of radiators does not matter, its the heat output that counts and the pipe sizing to them. eg you could have 6 rads of 10,000btu each and boiler would not cope, you could also have 20 rads at 2000btu and boiler would have power to spare ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks guys for the replies. the engineer came back yesterday. balanced it and turned up the boiler thermostat a bit.it seems to have done the trick. the boiler thermostat was set to the very minimum so i guess it was not outputting enough heat.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back