Nuts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, nuts of the edible type...

I love nuts, brazils, wallnuts, even decent peanuts (yes, they are not actual nuts). I have always bought in a good stock of them for Christmas and until the past few years, always bought nuts in their shells, even buying a fancy nut cracker to make opening them easier. After opening many, I would find they had gone bad and I never found a reliable source.

A few years ago, in Lidl I spotted and decided to try the Alesto pre-shelled nuts, nuts of one species, or mixed bags of nuts and available year round.

Of all the bags of these nuts I have bought, I have yet to come across one single bad nut in any bag I have bought, always perfectly fresh - so overall they are much cheaper than nuts in their shells. What I don't understand is how come they seem to be unable to sell nuts in shells as fresh?

Sponsored Links
Because theyre the junk they couldn’t sell in 2020 2019 2018.
Apples are the same this time of year. horrendous .you’d swear they’re years old.

A few years ago, in Lidl I spotted and decided to try the Alesto pre-shelled nuts, nuts of one species, or mixed bags of nuts and available year round.
I get through bags and bags of them, Walnuts, Almonds, and my absolute favourite- roast Hazelnuts (though I think they're from Asda). Healthier than biscuits or crisps.

Must admit I have a soft spot for Aldi's pistachios.

Edited to remove typo.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I like the ones in the cadburys bars best and they are always fresh and tasty :)

Sponsored Links
Back